Saturday, November 15, 2014

Forgetting How To Fail

I once had a dream to be a YouTuber. That is, I wanted to be someone who makes YouTube videos for a living. So I set out to do it and it was a lot of work and it wasn't motivating. So after about a year of trying to make videos that other people might like I gave up. I was making videos I didn't like so I didn't want to promote them. I couldn't really get the word out.
I gave up because I couldn't figure out how to change what I love into something others would love too. And that is the way of art. If you do what you love you will love doing it and even if no one else likes it at least you do. It doesn't always lead to a carrier but if you allow yourself to be happy with what you do than can't you carry it over?
I've decided to change my tactic. I'm going to make something I'm proud of and that I like. and then I'm going to have the confidence to promote it. It's simple but even if it doesn't sell at least I will have something to cherish for myself. So really, with that how can I fail? I can't, and I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment